Retirement is quite a while off yet
Even though your retirement may seem a million miles away, it is important to start to plan early, as the sooner you start the less you will need to do as retirement gets closer. It can be difficult to focus on and prioritise retirement savings when it seems you have much more pressing needs, however, even a little bit can go a long way.
We can help you to work out:
- How much you will need to retire on
- How best to fund your retirement
- How to increase the accumulation of your retirement benefits
- The best investment vehicles for accumulation of funds
- Where your super is, how it is invested and whether it is worthwhile consolidating your balances.
Retirement is within the next 10 years
With retirement looming large, now is the time to really focus on what you need to do to set yourself up for the lifestyle your desire. It is important to knuckle down and give yourself the best chance of achieving this goal. After all, isn’t this what you have been working towards all your life?
We will help you to be realistic about what you want, to determine whether it is achievable and also to consider various other issues with you, such as:
- When do I want to retire?
- How much do I need to retire?
- When I retire, what are my options financially and will I have to pay tax?
- Am I eligible for an Age Pension and how does this all work?
- Can I cut back on work now and still maintain my current income?
- How will this affect my eventual full retirement position?
Australians are retiring earlier and living longer – it is estimated we will spend over a quarter of our lives in retirement! Great news for those who have come prepared.
Whether you have only recently retired and you are not sure how to transition financially into the next stage of life, or you have retired some time ago but need a bit of help to get back on track, we are here to help. From transforming savings into tax-free “income streams”, assisting with lump sum withdrawals and navigating the social security landscape, we will be right there with you long after you retire.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating a strategy to fund your retirement income
- Determining eligibility for Government benefits such as Age Pension, Mature Age Allowance, Disability Support Pension and service veteran programs, plus various concession cards
- Assisting in the application process and ongoing maintenance of your Government benefits
- Funding strategies for larger one-off expenses
- Decision making and financial implications of moving house – whether it be to be closer to the grandchildren, to something smaller and more manageable, or a sea or tree change
- Managing your retirement investments and income
- Keeping you abreast of changes to social security laws and how that may affect you